Real Estate Representative
Ann Arbor MI
JOB SUMMARY: Supports Real Estate and Government Affairs activities of the Market working with Real Estate Manager to ensure that the department is in alignment with and contributing to meeting Market and Company goals and objectives.
• Provides back up and support to the Real Estate Manager regarding the interface between the market and the Corporate Office on all issues pertaining to Real Estate/Leasing.
• Works in concert with Real Estate Manager on new lease identification, negotiation, maintenance, and security.
• Handles activities associated with permits for acquisition, maintenance, renewal, and security.
• Coordinates activities associated with renewal lease negotiation, maintenance, and security.
• Development and maintenance of lease files.
• Provides input, support on and execution of the annual departmental budget process.
• Works on activities associated with zoning issues including, but not limited to, variances, extensions, and conditional use permits.
• Serves in a support capacity at the market level on lease rent payments to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payments.
• Negotiates lease rent reductions when and where appropriate keeping Real Estate Manager informed at all times.
• Functions in a support capacity for all other market departments within DMA and across the AOA footprint.
• At the direction of the Real Estate Manager, works with Legal Counselors/Representatives regarding real estate, zoning, real estate-related litigation, and government affairs.
• May perform Government Affairs responsibilities as assigned by Real Estate Manager.
• Travels to meetings as required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by the Real Estate Manager or designated supervisor.
Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Business or closely related field.
Excellent written and oral communication an public presentation skills.
Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
SHARE THIS JOB